What Personal Information About Customers Does AIRINC Gather?
- The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve our services and your user experience at AIRINC. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You provide most such information when you order, use our web products, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you place an order through AIRINC or one of our third-party sellers; provide information in My Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when working with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire; provide employer information when opening a corporate account, or input information when running calculations online. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers, or your employees’ names and information required for cost of living calculations such as salary. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take full advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as fulfilling our services to you, responding to your requests, customizing services for you, improving our services, and communicating with you.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful, we sometimes receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from AIRINC if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Does AIRINC Share the Information It Receives?
- Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with affiliated entities that AIRINC controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- AIRINC may engage a limited number of third-party service providers to assist us in providing our services to customers. These third-party providers may provide technical, legal or other professional services. These third parties will not access, process, or store personal data in the course of providing their services unless explicitly stated.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control:
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. These agents have access only to personal information needed to perform their functions, and may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy business assets, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that AIRINC, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are sold, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) TLS 1.2 software, which encrypts information you input.
- Access to any system which contains your information is restricted by password protection at both application and filesystem levels.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
- AIRINC gives you access to information about your account and your interactions with AIRINC for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
Privacy Shield Compliance
- Associates for International Research, Inc. (AIRINC) is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the United States Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Individuals have the right, under certain conditions, to invoke binding arbitration in disputes with AIRINC over data privacy. Please contact the FTC at https://www.privacyshield.gov/ for more information.
- AIRINC complies fully with the GDPR data protection regulations. Protecting the personal information of our employees and our customers’ employees is a high priority at AIRINC. As part of our compliance, AIRINC has a standard Data Protection Agreement we adhere to for all customers, which includes the EU Standard Contractual Clauses in the wake of the July 16, 2020 the European Court of Justice decision to invalidate the EU-US Privacy Shield framework.
- The types of personal data that are covered by GDPR regulations include those listed in “What Personal Information About Customers Does AIRINC Gather?” section of the AIRINC Privacy Notice.
As mentioned within this Privacy Notice, AIRINC will collect the information that is provided by our customers via the use of AIRINC services, solely for the purpose of fulfilling those services.
AIRINC offers individuals the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their personal information is to be disclosed to a third party or to be used for a purpose that is materially different from the purposes for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individuals
Any use of personal data for new purposes that have not been listed in the Privacy Notice will require AIRINC to obtain explicit consent from the EU citizen or individual whose data has been collected to determine if it is appropriate to use their data in that fashion that may involve disclosure of said information to a third party.
EU citizens and/or individuals whose data AIRINC collects have the right to access personal information about them that AIRINC holds and to be able to correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, or has been processed in violation of the Principles, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual’s privacy in the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. Requests for access, correction, amendment, or deletion should be sent to: [email protected].
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
AIRINC collects and processes personal information only to the extent that it is compatible with the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized by the data subject. AIRINC does not retain personal information after it no longer serves the purposes for which it was collected or subsequently authorized. AIRINC takes reasonable steps to ensure that personal information is accurate, complete, current, and reliable for its intended use.
In compliance with the Data Privacy Laws including GDPR, AIRINC commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. European Union and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our use of their personal information should first contact AIRINC at:
Associates for International Research, Inc.
711 Atlantic Avenue, 6th Floor
Boston, MA 02111, USA
Telephone: +1 (617) 250-6600
e-mail: [email protected]
We will investigate and attempt to resolve complaints and disputes in a manner that complies with the principles described in this Notice.
AIRINC has further committed to refer unresolved GDPR complaints to the European DPA, an alternative dispute resolution provider located in the EU. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint from us, or if we have not resolved your complaint, please contact or visit https://edps.europa.eu/data-protection/our-role-supervisor/complaints_en for more information or to file a complaint. The services of the European DPA are provided at no cost to you.
AIRINC commits to cooperate with the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland both in the context of the employment relationship and the context of processing customer data. AIRINC will comply with the advice given by the DPA and Commissioner with regard to employee and customer data transferred from the EU and Switzerland as part of the business relationship.
AIRINC has a requirement to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
AIRINC may update this Notice at any time by publishing an updated version here.
Privacy notice last updated: March 7, 2023