What Personal Information About Customers Does AIRINC Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve our services and your user experience at AIRINC. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. You provide most such information when you order products, participate in a questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you place an order through AIRINC or one of our third-party sellers; enter information in My Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when working with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire; provide employer information when opening a corporate account. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take full advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing services for you, improving our services, and communicating with you.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from AIRINC if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
- Information from Other Sources: Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; account information; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as automatic login.
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of AIRINC’s time-saving features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does AIRINC Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with affiliated entities that AIRINC controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control:
- Agents: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, and providing customer service. These agents have access only to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy business assets, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that AIRINC or substantially all of its assets are sold, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- Access to any system that contains your information is restricted by password protection at both application and file system levels.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you are finished using a shared computer.
Which Information Can I Access?
AIRINC gives you access to some information about your account and your interactions with AIRINC for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain AIRINC website features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those listed in the "Which Information Can I Access?" section above. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you do not want to receive Conditions of Use and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices will still govern your use of AIRINC, and it is your responsibility to review them for changes.)
- The Federal Trade Commission provides useful information about online privacy on its own website: http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/
Safe Harbor Policy
AIRINC adheres to the principles of the US Department of Commerce Safe Harbor Program (the “Safe Harbor Principles”) with respect to all personal information transferred from the European Union within the scope of AIRINC’s Safe Harbor certification. Further information about the Safe Harbor Program can be found at www.export.gov/safeharbor. You may obtain further information about AIRINC’s Safe Harbor certification of compliance by visiting http://web.ita.doc.gov/safeharbor/shlist.nsf/webPages/safe+harbor+list.
Among other elements of AIRINC’s participation in the Safe Harbor Program is our agreement to cooperate with European Data Protection Authorities to satisfy the verification, dispute resolution, and remedy requirements of the Safe Harbor Program.
Safe Harbor Compliance
If you have any questions about AIRINC’s privacy practices, please contact us at:
Associates for International Research, Inc.
1100 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138
Telephone (617)/250-6700 | Fax: (617)/876-2651