Housing Assessment Tool
Analyze the Cost and Effectiveness of your Housing Program
Are your housing costs too high at a time when you’ve been tasked with decreasing the budget? Perhaps you find yourself granting too many housing exceptions and need to consider increasing the budget. Is your housing program consistent across locations? Job grades? And how does it compare to your competitors’ programs?
How can the Housing Assessment Tool help you?
Global mobility housing programs should be reviewed on a regular basis, but a review can be a daunting task. It takes time to get a grasp on the current housing situation, let alone analyze it, and proposing changes to the budget can be difficult if you don’t have the evidence to back up your request.
AIRINC’s Housing Assessment Tool (HAT) is a visually compelling, data-focused, easy-to-understand platform designed to help you build your best housing program. HAT will help you identify your current program’s problem areas, indicate the impact of potential changes on your future program, and enable you to defend those changes to key stakeholders.
Why should you choose the Housing Assessment Tool?
HAT uses hard data about your housing program in a bold, systematic way to:
create a clear, visually compelling picture of your current program;
identify where actual expenditures and budgets are out of alignment;
highlight inconsistencies in your housing standards within a location, across regions, or globally;
generate options for your new housing program;
show stakeholders “what if” scenarios with high quality graphics in real time to display accurately how your proposed changes will impact the overall program.
What is the Housing Assessment Process?
- First we’ll have a discussion about the context of your current housing program.
- Then we’ll ask you to compile all your current housing data for input into HAT (including details on assignees, current leases, and current housing budgets and guidelines).
- With HAT and the help of an AIRINC consultant, you’ll receive an initial review of your housing data. Together we’ll:
- review overall housing costs;
- compare actual expenditures to assess compliance with budgets;
- look for trends:
- within and across locations and regions, and globally;
- by assignee profile, whether by family size, job grade, or other dimensions.
- If applicable, you’ll be able to perform a “What if” analysis to project the impact of adjusting current budgets or implementing new budgets.
- Lastly, we’ll help you review the results of changes you’ve made and present them to your executive team in an easily digestible and visually compelling format.
How can you access the Housing Assessment Tool?
The Housing Assessment Tool is available via:
Calendar Year Access
What does the Housing Assessment Tool look like?
Housing Program Costs
Overview of housing program expenses vs. budget
Housing Budget Compliance
View of actual rents compared to current budget
Host Locations Map
Mapped view of rent expenses vs. budget in host locations
Housing Addresses Map
Mapped view of rent expenses vs. budget within a single host location
See how changes you make can fix your pain points and improve your overall program